Join Us for Only
$10.00 per person!!
Monday, December 11, 2017
6:30 – 7:30 pm
Whether your goal is gaining solid knowledge of safe firearms handling or preparing to purchase a handgun, our one night two-hour, family friendly Handgun Safety & Responsibility class will give you the information you need.
In this class you will learn to handle handguns safely, load and unload them properly, understand the laws concerning their use and ownership, and make a more informed decision as to whether you want to own a firearm.
The Detroit Arms Handgun Safety & Responsibility should be considered a minimum for anyone who owns a firearm or lives in a household that has firearms. Children are welcome if attending with an adult.
- Kids & Guns – What every kid and parent should know.
- Eliminating The Fear – The fear of handguns is most often caused by lack of knowledge. Overcome those fears and gain the confidence you need to be able to consider the use of one.
- Gun Safety – The proper way to handle a handgun, loading and unloading a gun safely, and proper storage of a firearm in the home or car.
- Purchasing A Gun – How to purchase a firearm. Includes tips on choosing the right firearm for your needs.
- Gun Laws – What you need to know about brining a firearm in your home – your rights and responsibilities.
- CCW/CPL License – Is it for you? Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry
- Basic Handgun Marksmanship – The proper way to hold a gun, aligning the sights, and pressing the trigger.
PLEASE NOTE that we DO NOT shoot actual firearms in this class!
If you are interested in having private instruction on firearm handling and shooting, please call us at 586-598-5300 and we will arrange a date/time for an instructor to meet you at the range to do so.
The price for private one-on-one shooting lessons at the range is $35/hour for one student or $50/hour for a couple, plus range time ($18 for one person, $22 for two) and gun rental ($10 per gun) and ammo ($5 and up).