The first step in obtaining your Michigan Concealed Pistol License (CPL) is taking an accredited class.
Detroit Arms offers this training every week!
Before you sign up for a class, please take a moment to make sure you qualify. There are a number things that could disqualify you from being able to obtain a permit. You can find the details here on the Michigan State Police website.
Michigan is a “shall issue” state – meaning, as long as you qualify from a personal record standpoint, you will be issued a license to concealed carry.
That being said, the steps are as follows:
- Take the 1-Day 8-Hour Michigan Concealed Carry Class at Detroit Arms.
- Upon completion of the class you must submit your paperwork to the county clerk in the county that you live in. You will be provided a list of offices at the time of class. Many county clerk offices request that you turn in this paperwork within 6 months of having taken a class.
- You will turn in the Application you received in class.
- $115.00 filing fee
- Your certificate of completion that you received at the end of class.
- Once you have turned your paperwork in at the county clerk, you will need to provide electronic fingerprints.
- Once you have properly applied and supplied fingerprints, you will receive your Michigan Concealed Pistol License In approximately 30-45 days in the mail.
YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO CONCEALED CARRY UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR LICENSE IN THE MAIL.
If you have any questions about obtaining a Michigan Concealed Carry License, please feel free to contact Detroit Arms anytime at 586-598-5300 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in taking our Michigan Concealed Carry Pistol License CCW/CPL Class? Register here!